Saturday, September 5, 2015

Birthday Doll








I made this sweet little doll for a sweet little birthday girl. 
The pattern comes from Mollie Makes issue 14. 
I made a few changes to customize her. 
I used felted wool instead of wool felt.  Yes, there is a difference. 
I fused the wool to the base fabric 
and then used decorative machine stitches to secure the edges. 
I cut the front of the shoes differently to give the appearance of a Mary Jane shoe, 
and added a bow to the headband. 
GB#4 (the birthday girl) inspected her face and then promptly 
put the doll's head in her mouth.  
I believe this is the true sign of approval.

Wishing you time to create,
Sharon




1 comment:

  1. Glad she met with approval, Sharon, the doll is gorgeous!! I like the fun way you did decorative stitching to sew the wool down.

    ReplyDelete